What is Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP)?
- It is a finished flooring material used primarily in commercial and institutional applications.
- Luxury Vinyl Plank, Tile, Sheet Vinyl, and versions of those products sold since the early 1980s are composed of coloured polyvinyl chloride (PVC) chips formed into solid sheets of varying thicknesses (1/8″ is most common) by heat and pressure.
What is Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) for?
- It is frequently chosen for high-traffic areas because of its low cost, durability, and ease of maintenance.
For more installation instructions and advice please visit Armstrong
What makes Luxury Vinyl Plank (LVP) unique?
- The planks have high resilience to abrasion and impact damage, and can be repeatedly refinished with chemical strippers and mechanical buffing equipment.
- If properly installed, planks can be easily removed and replaced when damaged.
What are some technical details?
- Planks are cut into modular shapes such as 48″ x 8″, or 36″ x 7″ rectangles.
Information adapted from Wikipedia