What is Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT)?
- It is a finished flooring material used primarily in commercial and institutional applications.
- Luxury Vinyl Tile, Plank, Sheet Vinyl, and versions of those products sold since the early 1980s are composed of colored polyvinyl chloride (PVC) chips formed into solid sheets of varying thicknesses (1/8″ is most common) by heat and pressure.
What is Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) for?
- It is frequently chosen for high-traffic areas because of its low cost, durability, and ease of maintenance.
For more instructions and advice please visit Armstrong
What makes Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) unique?
- Tiles have a high resilience to abrasion and impact damage, and can be repeatedly refinished with chemical strippers and mechanical buffing equipment.
- If properly installed, tiles can be easily removed and replaced when damaged.
What are some technical details?
- Tiles are cut into modular shapes such as 12″ x 12″ squares, or 12″ x 24″ rectangles.
Information adapted from Wikipedia